Drain Blockage Prevention
Avoid expensive repairs
Blocked drains usually happen without warning, causing inconvenience for householders or businesses. Blockages cause unpleasant odours, potential flooding, and can result in loss of customer and staff goodwill, lost productivity and revenue, and even prosecution.
These are measures that householders or businesses can take to guard against the inconvenience of a blocked or structurally defective drain.
- Remove hairs that get trapped in the basin/bath/shower plug hole.
- Regularly flush basin/bath/shower pipe work with disinfectant to clear soap residue.
- Keep objects such as combs, bottles and toys away from where they could fall into the toilet.
- Don't flush away disposable items such as nappies, tissues and sanitary towels.
- Keep drain grids free of leaves, moss and regularly wash down with hot water and disinfectant.
- Check drains are free-flowing by periodically lifting drain covers
- Check gutters and down pipes twice a year removing any debris
- Do not dispose of food scraps down the kitchen sink, pull all scraps of out of the plug hole.
- Try to avoid disposing of cooking fat down the drain. If there's no alternative, mix with very hot water and plenty of detergent.
- Don't use excessive soap powder when doing your washing.
Contact us today
For free independent advice and a no obligation quotation
Call us FREE on 0800 389 4377
Shropshire Drainage Solutions is part of Shropshire Gas.